New Site Look, Bells and Whistles

About Us Forum Announcements, Webmaster Q&A and HELP New Site Look, Bells and Whistles

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brenda Jones

FAIR Friends:
    As promised, we now have a new and much-improved look and some increased functionality on our website. I hope you’ll take a closer look for some new features that I think you’ll really like.

One big change is that all logged-in members should see a thin black menu bar at the top of every page, with “Howdy YourName” on the right. If you click on your name, you’ll find quite a number of GREAT new features, rather like FaceBook’s or our old Groupsite: Please explore and start using these as you get a moment: Friends, Activity page, Groups, Messaging, and your favorite and subscribed Forum topics, just to name a few.

There will still be a few minor bugs to work out but I really think you will LOVE the new features – let me know what you think, and start connecting with your fellow FAIR participants!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Webmaster TestUser.
    Thomas

Hi Brenda,

I like what you’re doing to the FAIR site.

Unfortunately the in house email messaging doesn’t seem to work.

I have already requested four outside people to join FAIR using the FAIR in house invitation messaging. That’s pretty Kool.

I can’t figure out how to ask other members to be friends yet.

Oh well . . .

It’s very nice what you’ve done Brenda.

Thank you.

Jerry Greene

Looks good. Need some more practice navigating.
    Thanks Brenda!

Brenda Jones

Thomas,
    Blessedly I did not do ANYTHING to get all this lovely stuff set up. Our regular webmaster has been assisted by a new fellow – David – who put all of this together. We did notice that we cannot “locate” members and will get that bug taken care of shortly. Let me know if the invitations work: that’s a totally new feature! I don’t know what the invitees will see, since all new members need to land on our “Join Us” page.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.