This Site is Slow and Keeps Freezing Up

About Us Forum Announcements, Webmaster Q&A and HELP This Site is Slow and Keeps Freezing Up

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Thomas

This site is slow and keeps freezing up.  I can’t locate previous messages to add more information.  What is the difference between voices and posts?  I’m not able to email individual members private messages using this site.  I can’t tell if other members are on the site when I am.  I have no idea how many online members there are.  I can’t upload several different ID pictures like the other site. I’m sure this site will prove itself sooner or later.

Brenda Jones

“This site is slow and keeps freezing up.” 

I have seen it be sluggish, and we’re working to minimize that. It is a (mostly) free WordPress site, because we don’t have the kind of money we’d need to totally start from scratch and get everything we want custom built. I’d rather have the funds for a potential legal challenge, or for lobbying. Wouldn’t you?

“I can’t locate previous messages to add more information.”

I just added a better search engine (google) on the left sidebar. If a quick check where you thought that post was doesn’t locate it, try typing in a word or two in the search window. 

What is the difference between voices and posts?  

On any given topic (such as “This Site is Slow…”) a certain number of people will post a response. Voices indicates the number of unique people who have responded. If you and I are the only ones to post in this topic, there will only be two voices, even if we each post five times.

“not able to email individual members private messages using this site. 
    I can’t tell if other members are on the site when I am. 
    I have no idea how many online members there are.  

Yes, I miss those features, also. I tried adding a couple of plug-ins that handled this, but they really sloooowed the site down. We’ll keep looking, though.

“can’t upload several different ID pictures like the other site. “

Um… Why do you need several different ID pictures? We can upload a different one every day or every hour, if we want, but we can only display one at a time anyway…

I’m sure this site will prove itself sooner or later.

We’re doing the best we can. As I said above, to get it perfect would require far more cash than I think anyone is willing to lay out. But we will continue to strive to improve user experience.

Thomas

Messages and posts could be entered via Smartphone easily if the submit button were
    moved to the bottom left side of the page directly under “notify me of follow up
    replies via email.”

Otherwise when using my Smartphone finding the submit tab is virtually
    impossible.

Thomas

I love critiquing this site.  

Thomas

When editing a previous post the site becomes very sluggish and remains that way until you log off.

Thomas

*My membership information does not appear when I try to find myself under “Member List.”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.