- Watch forum and blog posts for appropriateness.
- Respond promptly to any interpersonal problems.
- Post a “welcome” to new members, “kudos” for good ideas/posts, and generally encourage positive interactions
- Move items that have been incorrectly posted in a thread.
- Reliable internet access, Good interpersonal skills, Consistent times on the computer.
- Ideally, daily shifts of an agreed-upon length (morning, afternoon, evening, night). This task does not require immediate action or constant vigilance, but volunteers are expected to check the site several times throughout their shift and spend a little time each day “stirring the pot.”